As always CPE carryover is allowed. Please make sure you have all your records to support your indicated carryover. Remember, the State of Michigan only allows a maximum of 50% of the required CPE hours to be earned through self-study (20 hours per year max).
- CPA Firms Reveal Their Top Concerns
- The Journal of Accountancy reported on a survey conducted by the AICPA recently, examining what U.S. accounting firms considered their greatest concerns. Read the article here...
- Shareholders Reject Executive Pay
- Pensions and Investments News recently reported that two proxy advisory firms issued recommendations concerning executive pay that led shareholders to take action. Read the article here.
- AICPA Releases New Financial Reporting Framework for Small and Medium Sized Entities
- Millions of private companies now have another non-GAAP financial reporting option The AICPA’s new financial reporting framework designed for America’s small business community is now available and ready to use. The FRF for SMEs™...
- Questions & Answers on 501(c) Organizations
- The IRS has received questions related to the exempt organization issues raised recently. Here are some basics on the issue. 501(c) Q&A
- IFAC Poll for Small and Medium Sized Practice
- Are you a practitioner operating in a small- or medium-sized practice (SMP)? If so, make sure your voice is heard by taking the May-June 2013 IFAC SMP Quick Poll. The SMP Quick Poll is intended to take a snapshot of the key issues confronting...
- License Renewal Papers Are in the Mail!
- Word has come in from the State, license renewal forms are in the mail! This year, you will also be able to renew your license online through the State of Michigan license renewal website here . To simplify your CPE reporting and license renewal...
- IASB and FASB Propose Changes to Lease Accounting
- The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) today published for public comment a revised Exposure Draft outlining proposed changes to the accounting for leases. The proposal aims to...