The Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA), with over 17,000 members, is the leading statewide professional organization dedicated to promoting and enhancing the value of the CPA profession. MACPA represents Michigan CPAs working in business, education, government and public accounting.
As trusted advisors for both businesses and individuals, MACPA members meet strict statutory and regulatory requirements as CPAs and embrace the highest standards of professional and ethical performance. Founded in 1901, the Association:
- provides more than 300 quality professional education programs annually to keep members on the leading edge
- leverages strong relationships with legislators to advocate for CPAs and the public interest
- facilitates a comprehensive quality review program for auditors, and
- ensures compliance with a strict Code of Professional Conduct.
A 24-member Board of Directors provides strategic leadership for the Association. In addition, hundreds of members actively serve on more than 50 task forces devoted to developing programs and services to enhance the value that CPAs bring to their clients, employers and communities.
CPAs are trusted professionals who enable people and organizations to shape their future. Combining insight with integrity, CPAs deliver value by:
- Communicating the total picture with clarity and objectivity
- Translating complex information into critical knowledge
- Anticipating and creating opportunities
- Designing pathways that transform vision into reality
To enhance the success of CPAs and their value to society.